EnergySavvy is hiring a part-time attorney to lead and provide in-house legal counsel. As a growing B2B software company working with utilities as our primary customers, we’ve gotten to the point where we’re ready to bring a substantial portion of our customer contract review, drafting and negotiation in-house. We’re looking for someone with good business sense who excels at contract law and is passionate about our mission to make homes and business more energy efficient.
You will be responsible for leading the charge on our various contract negotiation and offering legal advice on a broad spectrum of contract-related issues. You will also help oversee a complete portfolio of contracts, coordinate with our operations manager to drive new deals forward, and tackle other novel, complex issues as they arise. You’ll be an expert on the intricate details of the contracts and subcontracts that enable EnergySavvy to implement its cutting-edge technology to solve real-world problems.
- Lead contract review, drafting and negotiating for client contracts and evaluate the risk profile of proposed language
- Review terms and conditions for Requests for Proposals, Invitations to Bid, as well as other informal bidding opportunities for our utility customers
- Negotiate directly with external customers, including government contracting officers and other procurement professionals in the utility industry
- Exercise initiative and creativity in solving challenges and accomplishing business goals
- Become thoroughly familiar with our customer contracts, products, pricing models and systems
- Manage relationships with outside firms and confer with outside counsel as appropriate
- Educate internal customers, including Operations, Finance, Sales and security teams, on issues of legal impact and risk assessment
- As workload and experience allows, provide general counsel on corporate or human resource level concerns
- 20 hour/week position, with some flexibility on daily schedule and work environment. Must allow for predictable responsiveness from sales team during predictable hours.
- J.D. from a top law school and a current license to practice WA law required
- 3 - 5 years in customer/vendor contracting, sourcing, government contracting and/or procurement contracting – either through experience at a law firm or previous in-house counsel
- Experience responding to and/or drafting government solicitations/Requests for Proposals, contract administration, and contract compliance
- Experience structuring, drafting, analyzing and negotiating a wide range of sales contracts, including software and service agreements, master agreements, NDAs, SaaS agreements, and Service Level Agreements
- Demonstrated internal and external negotiation skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of the organization and with external individuals and groups.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects and to adapt the workload to fast-paced and changing priorities.
- A high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Experience working with and advising a nationwide sales organization.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to novel issues
EnergySavvy is a cloud software company that helps utilities transform their customer experience and operations. EnergySavvy provides personalized customer insights, breakthrough customer engagement, and automated program delivery with the industry's only platform purpose-built to enhance the customer experience and increase operational efficiency. Nearly 40 utilities and state programs rely on EnergySavvy to enable customer experience transformation in the modern, digital customer era.
We believe in diversity, not merely because it’s a mechanism for happier, more productive teams, but because we believe we have an obligation to work against structural discrimination. As such, we don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about EnergySavvy's company and culture.